Saturday, 8 March 2014

Challenge: Pursuit of Happiness


Happiness is a funny little thing that's so important to our everyday wellbeing but something that's so easily forgotten. In today's busy lives, we're constantly buried in work, busying ourselves 24/7, meeting the needs of others and making them happy but often we forget to make ourselves happy in the process. It's easy to get lost in a day but today, I'm here to challenge you!

Happiness comes from so many different things, it can be something very small that makes you light up inside, it could be something that you do for yourself, or something that a friend might say that makes you feel happy. So here's the challenge:


Tomorrow, take just 5 minutes out of your day to do something for yourself that truly makes YOU happy. 

This can be ANYTHING at all. It could be something as simple as lighting your favourite scented candle and getting lost in it's yummy smell, treating yourself to something special, enjoying a conversation with a friend/loved one about something that you love and makes you happy. It could be taking a walk through your favourite park or even just taking a moment to sit and think, "yes, I'm ok". What I'm trying to say (in a very long winded way) is that happiness is so important to our health yet something that we often forget to do for ourselves. Taking just 5 minutes out of the day to do something nice for yourself could honestly make you feel happy inside and with that happiness comes better health, better outlook and less anxiety. For me, listening to some of my favourite music, just by myself, fills me with the happy feels, so I've created a mini playlist below. You never know, you might find your happy song there too.


 Happy Place by Kowareta Doll on Grooveshark


If you do accept this challenge, then please let me know what you do! I'd love to hear about what makes you happy. You can either leave a comment or just tweet me ^^ Good Luck

Be Well 

8 comments:

  1. I've got to say I've really been loving this posts you've been doing recently. I am really about that you;ve got to make your own opportunitys in life and that you should find happiness through yourself and not always rely on others for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Singing along to my favorite songs really makes me happy, but I never do it because I get a little embarrassed (because I live with two other girls) but I did it today and I feel so much better for it! thank you for the challenge, great blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yey, i'm glad that you feel better for doing it ^^
      sometimes, i forget i have headphones on and just start singing out loud haha
      x<3

      Delete
  3. Beautiful post and challange accepted! I will be having a cup of freshly brewed coffee and flick my old issue of i-D magazine as I haven't had time to read it just yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh that sounds perfect hun ^^
      enjoy it!
      x<3

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving your comment, it really brightens up my day!
(´∀`)♡