Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Favourites: Beauty, Life and More


There's been a few things over the last month that I've been really loving and wanted to share them with you. It's mainly all beauty things which I've been slowly getting more and more interested in and then a couple of random bits and pieces. 

First up is the GHD Style Heat Protection Spray. This is a super lightweight spray, it doesn't leave your hair look oily and you can use it on either damp or completely dry hair. I used to use the Aussie Heat Protect Spray but I found that it was too heavy on fine hair. This spray from GHD is perfect for any hair type but especially if you have fine/thin hair. 

Sticking with hair care, the next product that I absolutely can't live without anymore is the MoroccanOil Light. This little bottle of win is amazing for healing dry and damaged hair, making your locks feel all smooth and cared for again. Although it's pretty pricy for such a little bottle, you really don't need to use that much of it. Just a teeny pea-sized amount is enough to rub through dry ends before blow drying. It smells amazing too! 


Next up are three super cute Nail Paint's from my fave drugstore brand Barry M. The Silk range have some super cute colours, perfect for Spring. They are all pastel and look really pearly on your nails. I'm a bit of a nail varnish addict and these are definitely worth taking a look at if you love pastel colours. 

Sleek is a brand that I'm slowly getting to know. I was told about it by my beautiful friend who is also a super talented MUA (link to her blog here) and I've been loving their products ever since. I'd been looking for an affordable brow palette for a while after my Urban Decay one ran out and I came across this one by Sleek. It comes in a few different shades, I picked Dark though I wish I'd have picked Darkest. Inside, you get a pigmented wax, a powder, a small pair of tweezers and two brushes (one angled, one flat). It's so easy to use and perfect if you kind of suck at eyebrows like I do. The product lasts on your brows all day so no need to touch up or be worried about smudges. 


The next thing I'm really loving is a little odd but I thought I'd throw it in there anyway. This year is looking to be a busy one, with lots of little trips plans, conferences, meetings and adventures, so I really wanted to treat myself to an Organiser. There's something about buying an organiser that makes you feel all grown up! This little cutie is from Paperchase and is one from their own collection. I looked at some FiloFax one's but couldn't find a design I liked so Paperchase won. It has lots of different, colour coordinated sections to keep your schedule all neat and tidy. I know a lot of people like to use their phones and apps for this but I just can't get used to it. The good thing with an organiser is that you don't need to throw it away once it's used, all you do is by replacements diaries and away you go for another year.

A few other random things I've been really loving:

True Detective! Oh holy shit, that t.v show is just freakin amazing! From the title, I really didn't think I was going to like it but after the first episode, I was totally hooked. If you like anything dark, creepy, kinda fucked up but funny, give this show a go!

Calm.com is a website that I've been really liking recently and even downloaded an app for my phone. It's a super easy way to take 5 minutes out of your day to just sit and relax. If you suffer from anxiety or panic attacks, I highly recommend this app and website.

'Far From Any Road' is definitely my song of the month! It's the theme tune to True Detective and I've pretty much been playing it non stop. If you like something similar to Johnny Cash or something a little dark, check it out!

Ok, that's everything that I've been loving over the past month. I really hope that you liked this blog and if it's something you'd like to see again, please let me know! Have a great week everyone.

What's been your favourite thing this month?

Thank You For Reading

13 comments:

  1. Pretty things! I love pretty things. So far this month, I am loving crumpets with jam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you hun ^^
      oooooooh good combination ^_^
      x<3

      Delete
  2. Cool things, I'm super into Sleek make-up, its so hard to find a good and affordable range of make-up that does shades for black people. Great quality and fairly priced, their matte lipsticks have some serious staying power!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hun ^^
      ooooooh i'll have to check out the lipsticks then
      x<3

      Delete
  3. I really enjoy Barry M selection but the nailpolish really kills my nails ;( Great post! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm finding that too but I love the colours too much ><
      thanks hun
      x<3

      Delete
  4. love the nailpolish colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty things. I really like the nailpolish colors ^^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your comment, it really brightens up my day!
(´∀`)♡