Tuesday, 15 April 2014

A Man And His Pigs

After a night of very little sleep, I've been sat staring at my laptop for ages, not really doing much but hoping for a pop of inspiration from some corner of the interwebz. On days like today, there's nothing I love more than cuddling up with my furbabies and relaxing and that's when I came across this beautiful article about a farmer and his pigs that just melted my heart.

Otchan, is a pig farmer who shares a very special relationship with his super cute pigs (he has 1,200 of them). Japanese photographer Toshiteru Yamaji, spent 10 years with Otchan, documenting his wonderful and unique relationship with his pigs. Otchan spends his days singing to them, playing guitar, cuddling, talking and just hanging out with them. We all know what the job of a pig farmer is but Otchan truly respects his animals and their lives are made extremely comfortable and are clearly loved very much. It's so different to that of more Western Farms, particularly the pig farms in the USA.

Yamaji has now published a book, full of beautiful photographs of his time with Otchan. Take a look below, honestly, they are just too cute for words!





If you would like to see more of the photographs, please check out the book. It's called 'Pigs and Papa' and is available on Amazon.

I'm super sorry if this blog is a bit..off..but I need some sleep asap.

Do you think all farmers should treat their animals like this?

Thank You For Reading



4 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love pigs, and even though I eat them I do believe they should have a happy life whilst alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. But I couldnt do what he does. I wouldn be able to kill them after loving them and giving them affection

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving your comment, it really brightens up my day!
(´∀`)♡